"...behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."-Alma 37:6


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First transfer (sorta) and New Address

This week was really busy because we had transfers. I didn't get transferred out of the area but I did move apartments. I live in a super nice apartment now that is right next door to the chapel. BUT in exchange for that, they took away our car. No worries the Lord is providing the energy for us to have to walk to our appointments. And its good for me to be walking off all of these tortillas that I've been eating here but I'm happy to say that I've been able to maintain my weight and haven't gained a pound yet. My new address is 3195 S 300 E #16 Salt Lake City, UT 84115. This week we ran into an amazing family from Honduras. They have 4 kids and are awesome! We love them so much! We are teaching them right now and they are receptive so we'll see how this goes. We hope to be able to take them to temple square on Friday. Also they invited us to their 16 year old daughters birthday party the other day and gave us such delicious food and we met one of their friends. He seemed like he was just flirting with us the whole time so we tried to get away from him buuut we realized that more than that, people are attracted to the light that they see in us as missionaries so they are naturally drawn to us. So that was saturday night. On sunday after church (we have church in the morning) we were walking and on our way to some appointment and we saw him walking towards us so we talked to him. He asked us if we were going to church because he wanted to come with is so we were like YUP LETS GO! haha. That rarely happens that we have someone want to come to church with us...that is probably the biggest struggle we have here. So we walked back to church with him (it was around 1:10) and we sat through an english ward (he spoke both english and spanish). Those talks were amazing!I almost thought that they were written just for me and for no one else. He loved sacrament meeting and then after we went in to the gym area for a while so we could talk because it was pretty crazy in the hallway. We taught him right there and invited him to be baptized on August the 18th and he said YES!!!!!! So I'm pretty sure he's going to my first baptism here in this area and I am so happy for him! It's amazing how the Lord works and puts people in your pathway. So that was the most exciting thing that has happened this week. Other than that, I am working harder and putting forth as much effort as I can on my end and then I know the Lord will provide. I love a quote that the Bishop read yesterday that his mission president told him "A good missionary finds a way, the other finds an excuse". I know that there are tons of prepared people here and I am excited to help them find their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment