"...behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."-Alma 37:6


Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Perfect Week: Wearing a Boot...but not the fashionable kind

Hola familia! Skype details. We finally figured it out. It'll be 11am my time on Christmas day so 12pm your time :) We'll have about 45 minutes. I'm excited to see you all! So this past week was for sure the best week that I've had on my mission so far. It was super busy too but those are the best weeks. So Tuesday: we found out that we were moving apartments :( not fun. so we spent a lot of the day doing that. Wednesday: so every morning we go and play basketball for our morning exercise so that's really fun. This Wednesday our mission president and his wife and two other elders wanted to come play with us and the other two sisters that we lived with too. So we all met at the chapel and started playing. So..OK don't freak out but this is what happened. Sister Harris passed me the ball. I turned around and jumped up to take the shot. I landed on the side of my foot and may or may not have broken my foot :) Don't worry we went to the doctor and they took X-rays and I have a small fracture on the side of my foot. I was on crutches for the first day but now I have a boot and I am walking fine. Also I'm resting when I can..orders from sister winn. I'm icing it and elevating it and it's healing fine. I have an appointment on Friday so they can check up on it. Sister Winn/Harris/everyone is taking really good care of me too so no worries at all. I'll be walking normal again in 4 weeks. You'll see at Christmas when we Skype that it looks super funny haha. Also I got sooo much food from this accident. So many people came over and brought us stuff so we didn't even have to go shopping this week :) So that was Wednesday.
Rinna in her cast! Thursday we just prepped for our baptism on Saturday. Friday we got a new car!! Brand new :) Mostly the zone leaders and district leaders got the new cars but I think they gave us one too because they felt bad that they made us move :) Ok Saturday was sooo great! Remember the Medez Family that i was telling you about? Well at 12 they got married and the branch did such a good job of setting up everything for the ceremony and the party right after. Lisseth and Luis asked Sister Harris and me to be their witnesses so that was nice. So we did that and then we went over the the building for the baptism right after that. This was the most perfect baptismal service. First off everyone was there on time, never happens. President and sister winn came to our baptism too so we were really excited about that. The program was sooo good. You could definitely feel the spirit at this service. We had one of the youth give the talk on baptism and she did an amazing job. She is 16 and a convert and is getting ready to go on a mission. Then the Elders Quorum Pres gave the talk on the holy ghost and it was super good. Then the baptisms :)) The mom went first, then the dad, then jose luis (11) and then jaffet (17-it was his birthday today) went last. It was perfect. Then Sister Harris and I taught the Doctrine of Christ while they were changing.Then testimonies. My favorite part was the welcomes. For the welcome to the primary we asked the president and Kevin Jara (hes 8 and just got baptized) to give the welcome. The primary president said some stuff but then asked Kevin to share his testimony. Kevin started crying and said that he felt the spirit so strongly when he was baptized. How cute! Then at the end the mom and dad bore their testimonies. For the closing song we had the ym and yw sing. The next day, they all got confirmed :) IT was the perfect week. Love you all and miss you. Hope you have a great week! Sister Adorable
The Medez Family at their wedding and on their baptism day!

No comments:

Post a Comment